Joining Productivity Management Training

23.42




Yesterday, I joined Productivity Management which was held by Upgrade (a training provider that was led by mbak Amelia). The reason why I felt to join is the how many hours of my time in a day I spent wastefully. The other people who also joined have similar reasons that they can not manage time wisely. We are in the same shoes, actually. Another reason for me joining this is how I was relieved with mbak Amel workshop last week when she conducted a public speaking training at Britzone’s Internal Gathering. She is a good speaker and seemingly gives positive energy to the others. Here is what I got from joining Productivity Management Training :

What is Productivity??
Doing many tasks at the same time? No. Multitasking? Obviously not. Productivity is how the actions we do have a meaningful and important impact on our life. In short, I can say “Quality > Quantity”. We do many activities in less time but create more impact. The factors that can create more productivity consist of :
a.       Why, find your why
b.      Planning
c.       Strategy

I think the first factor is the most important, not only finding productivity but also finding a purpose in life (Do I sound too melancholic?). Let me talk in an honest way that I have not found out the purpose of my life yet. Is this a life that I always want to grow into? Instead of knowing the purpose of life which sounds too complicated, let me straighten this term to be more narrowing : “What do you want to do if you do not need to think about money or time?” I answered, “Traveling”. To be more specific, I want to go to Europe and Turkey. Why do I want to go there? Simple, as it has many historical, unique yet looking so good buildings. We all know Europe has that kind of building. I do really love seeing tall, dashing, unique, historical buildings. I can spend my whole life adoring and taking pictures of it (You wish, Ros but Amin). Turkey has many and deep historical sites about my religion, Islam, which religiously trigger myself to visit this country someday. It is also showing a unique geography in which the country to be divided into two areas which the other sides belong to Europe while another one belongs to Asian. But let me break down the cost of traveling to Turkey in Backpacker way in five days:

  • Package Tour to Turkey from Surabaya around 30 million IDR (I use some references from Surabaya Travel) + allowance 5 million IDR. Total = 35 million IDR
  • Saving (net) each month : 2 million IDR
  • It does take time around 18 months to finally afford the tour.

If I want to speed up the time, I have to apply for another job to increase my income. Actually, I would like to reopen my new design service but it doesn’t earn that much or writing on IDN. Hopefully, I can grant my wish. I come to know that my value of this life is adoring Allah's creations. I love seeing all things that I love traveling (though I do not travel that much/cough on money and time but once I go traveling, I can't stop admiring this universe and start mumbling of how this world is beautifully created by Allah through Big Bang).

The Components of Productivity

These are:
a. Time (if we can not manage well, it could lead me being procrastinator)
b. Energy (if we can not manage well, it could lead me being burn out/tired)
c. Attraction (if we can not manage well, it could lead me easily distracted)

I think I got problems with those three factors but mostly it is the last point which is easily distracted or less focused. Starting off now, I want to decrease my time on being overly hooked with Social Media (except for searching for Information and doing my business). Keeping distance from Whatsapp Application is also one of the ways. Not to forget to read some books to keep my brain awake and filled on. I need to buy books on Periplus but let me wait for next month as my balance is in crisis this month (Camera and AirBnB says Hi). The skill I want to improve :

a.       English speaking
b.      Designing
c.       Writing
d.      Public Speaking
e.      Photography (as it seems my resolution for next year)

Mbak Amel also explained about Pareto Law that I would remember so deep. Pareto says 20% of your actions can create 80% of your impact. It is a productivity thing (All of a sudden, I remember production in my company). I would love to do 20% but I can get 80% impact. How is the way? Measuring my own activity whether it could be effective enough in terms of time, result, and impact. I have to learn to break down my activity everyday to know more detail. I would start tomorrow:

List of to do tomorrow :
a.       A little exercise (duty)
b.      Maintenance day (duty)
c.       Finishing Britzone report (duty)
d.      Reading (duty)
e.      Go to Rumah Bahasa (Optional)

Strategy
These are:
a. Make my morning
b. Maintenance Day
c. Use Assistant (Gratitude Apps)
d. Work your attention muscle
e. Avoid Multitasking



Thank you Upgrade Learning Crew and Mbak Amel.


You Might Also Like

0 komentar