Book Review, "The Little Prince"

04.38



This book is actually a book that I postponed to read since I am not sure whether I do really want to read a kid fantasy book or not. I was in a dilemma as I did not want to buy a book that left unread (Cosmos says Hi). By weighting out and thinking in a moment, I decided to buy this book. Oh, finally.

This book is talking about the adventure of Little Prince who traveled from one planet to other planets and ended up stepping off the Earth and meeting with a pilot who crashed his aeroplane in the middle of the desert. It gives me some lessons and insights about the difference of thinking by adults and kids. Adults' thinking is using logic while kids are mostly using their imaginations. I am not sure but somehow, this book kind of criticizes the adults at how firm and boring their way of thinking is. I like how plain the dialogue between Little Prince and the Inhabitant of each planet is. It shows how desperate and sucky it is to be an adult who mostly thinks everything is straight and stiff (Yes, on becoming an adult is terrifying). My favorite chapter is chapter 10 when the Little Prince met with a king. It teaches me how to be wise and bastard at the same time, really. "One must demand of each and every one what he or she is capable of. Authority is first and foremost based on reason." 

Foremost, the important part is when adults looked down on the character's drawing (who is now being a pilot) that he had to give up on becoming a painter in future and look for another profession, a pilot. I mean, how an adult's thinking can lead the children's thought of being incapable of something that he/she just starts to learn. It's obviously not right. As humans, we must let children explore more, not giving them a limit or crashing their dreams off when they did not even begin.


The book is very cheap, it costs around 55,000 IDR. It's worth trying to grab this book and enjoy the excitement and pure feeling of the writer's style and point of view.

You Might Also Like

1 komentar