Little Women Review

04.21



No need to think twice when I decided to ride my motorbike for around 25 KM to go to Galaxy Mall to watch this by myself (it's supposed to be my day off but yeah for the sake of this film, let's go lah). I knew this movie from Emma Watson’s Instagram Feed months ago and I could not help it. But since I was a bit busy, I forgot this movie even existed. Thanks to someone who posted the scene on Twitter and I was like, “Oh come on. Let’s watch this no matter what.” I love something related to classical things. A nice costume, fancy house, white snow, a cool barret, and anything (Ok, it reminds a bit of the Three Musketeers).      

This is basically a story of sisterhood on a daily basis, who each of them has a specific charming side. Meg March is the oldest, the prettiest, and the kindest (huhu I could not even describe how beautiful Emma Watson is). Jo March is a talented writer, tomboy-ist, and has high bravery (Saoirse is my girl's crush in case everyone does not know). Amy March is a good painter who grows up being a beautiful, smart, and wise woman (She has the best character development in this story). And Beth is the youngest kid who loves playing piano and I think she is the chillest one while others love screaming. This story can catch viewers’ hearts because it simply portrays everyone’s struggle life without excessive drama that usually every film would.

There lived four March daughters with her mom while his Dad went to war. They were all so close (how I wish I can have sisters as well) but of course, they also fought a lot. One day, Meg and Jo went to a party that led them to meet with Laurie who was actually their neighbor. Since he first saw Joe, could not he stop staring at her and they became good friends then. A problem came when Beth got sick then passed away. Everything was changed. Meg was married to John Brooke, Amy went to Europe to learn art, and Jo would go to New York to pursue her dream of becoming a writer. Before Jo went to Europe, Laurie proposed to her but unfortunately, she turned him down. FYI, Amy has had a crush on Laurie since the day she met Laurie. Years passed by, Amy met with Laurie in France and they started to be close. Drama peppered between them but could not stop them from being in marriage. YES, they married (as a Joe laurie shipper, my heart hurts so much). I hate when Laurie said, "I have always loved you, Jo. But my love for Amy is different" when he told the truth. (Me in inner me : BULLSHIT)  As someone who tried to open her heart to Laurie again, she could not do anything but sincerely accept it. What she could do anyway? Few days after Beth's passing, Prof Bhaer came to her house and Joe realized that she liked him. They married at the end.

 This movie reminisces at how our life changed so much, especially when we grew up and became an adult (Another chance to say, on becoming an adult sucks). For some people, including me, maybe are having a puzzle thought (Well, because I do not read the novel) as the movie jumps from past and future on loop. I love watching their sisterhood. They play, fight, all together. From those four sisters, of course I love Josephine (Jo) so much. She is just an amazing girl with a high willingness to write, sacrifice for her sister (When she cut his hair to get money and let Laurie to marry her sister) but she is super stubborn.

I love Laurie and Jo’s friendship. They both are super cute, funny, and playful. How I wish, they would end up together. There is this one scene that makes me so emotional when Laurie proposed to Jo. Unfortunately Jo was being Jo, she turned him down without even giving him a chance (I hate you Jo for this). I also cried when Beth died. It is not really sad but since the film relates so much to our daily life, it gets sadder. I am sure not everyone will love this movie since it doesn’t have that unpredictable plot or having a heroic character. No, it is a pure story of human's life on a daily basis. If I can change one film’s plot, I would definitely change Jo’s and Laurie’s story because I want them to be together (that means I would let Tony die. Sorry Tony but I love Jo and Laurie so much). I love Jo and Laurie because of the character or because of the cast? Well, both though. Btw, Laurie reminds me so much of my Spanish friend, Julio. The first time I met Julio, I told him that he looked similar to Elio (Call Me by Your Name which was played by Timothee Chalamet). And Friedrich, OMG why does he look like Alex, my other Spanish Friend. Like seriously, I want to laugh at this sorcery.  


Louis Garrel as Prof Bhaer

Alex. They look like a twin
Julio
Timothee as Laurie. They do look a like, don't they?




You Might Also Like

0 komentar