REVIEW : Menata Karir dan Masa Depan di Umur 20an (Managing Career and Future in 20ish) by Juhyung Kim

05.09


When I looked at the title, I had this feeling of low interest because I thought I was too old to read this? Guess, who ended up buying this anyway. I still remember when I looked upon Shopee, one of the e commerce’s, I had a confusion about choosing another book to buy. I finally bought Little Women after thinking for such a long time to buy the Indonesian version or the English version. However, buying one book will be cost more than two books in one shipment in order to cover the shipping fee, right?

For me the title is self is too straightforward but thankfully the book cover is pretty cute. When I first read chapter one, typical, it was talking about a dream in which many writers of self-development books usually write. I feel more interested in the next chapter though. This book guides us to be “successfully managing life at 20ish” starts from the very basic and important thing that, perhaps, we usually forget of how important it is. Let’s say about time. I really love how the writer highlights the importance of being on time. As someone who is always on time and hate making people wait, I whole heartedly wish Indonesian people READ this. Being on time doesn’t mean that we have MUCH time but because we RESPECT others. Please, know the difference.

In the next chapters, I start feeling this book quite interesting. I used to think this book will talk mostly about the steps and the skills (technical factors) of the youth for this era but it turns out that this is giving insights about how the habit shapes us, especially for the youth. The writer, Juhyung Kim, says to build a habit in the age of 20 ish other than 3 (?) years old or the kid’s age. I totally agree? I mean, people often say we have to build the habit since the kids but how do we know that our habit is aligned with our future if we haven’t even known what our dream is? Also, Juhyung Kim, reminds us about how the importance of managing the relationship with family & friends, constantly making me look miserable of how incapable am I in maintaining the relationship, even with myself?

Who thought I would be impressed with the content? You Guys out there, reading this book will not make you automatically successful but rather than that, it makes you appreciate your youth by doing the best. At least, you will not have a regretful feeling in the future, in the worst scenario that you do not make it. The quotes here ARE TRULY relatable. I read many quotes from the self-development book but the quotes here really makes me thinking and contemplating. However, I still do not like the title (7,5/10). 

 Pic source: here

 

You Might Also Like

0 komentar