Common Sense Matters Part 1

01.06



A day before my leader held a common sense matters part 1, he scolded me because I was too inferior. I looked down on myself too often to the point, presumably, he got tired of hearing it. It has been six months since I joined this community. Many changes, I acknowledge it,better me, so much grateful. The reasons why I decided to join this community, called hiremaxi:

1. Wanted to be 'cool' in a right way (ps : I have to be honest but believe me, slowly and surely, I just want to be a better person)
2. Got a free workshop. Let's be honest, the workshop is quite expensive. In Surabaya itself, one session with around two hours of listening (instead of practicing it) costs around at least Rp. 200,000. The proper workshop (with tools to practice) should be around at least Rp. 500,000. If you join to be a volunteer in hiremaxi, some workshops are free
3. Network. As you can see on hiremaxi's Instagram, the speakers are extremely experts in their field. No question. 

Being a Region Lead of Surabaya was an honor. However, I have to admit it that I did not do my job properly. I had this difficulty of maintaining my members. I am very enthusiastic, especially in creating events in Surabaya but somehow, I feel my frequency was not matched with members. I also often ask myself, "Who are you, Ros? You are just a common girl with a mediocre career, no special and bla bla bla" sort of. Perhaps, a day before Common Sense Matters Part 1 is a cultimation point of my "inferiority". A funny story as well is after getting scolded by my leader, I tried to be braver to text mbak Clara. She is a VP in a multinational company in Jakarta as well as a leader of We Are Sisters (a woman community under hiremaxi). I was sweating and thinking for a long time to send her a message. "Should I send her a message? But bla bla" and yeah I finally texted her, asking about a volunteer application. 

The day after, Mas Tito held Common Sense Matters Part 1, Ownership. And you know, who is the speaker? /drum rolls, it was Mbak Clara. I was like oh my God but never mind. What I got from joining that session:

1. Questioning about how we join hiremaxi. If we join a certain community, usually we have a beneficial purpose for ourselves. But joining a community means we have to do something for our community. As hiremaxi leader, Mas Tito usually encourages us to create events. It is not only about hiremaxi but a lesson and skill we get from creating it. For instance, I create webinar X. Behind creating that event, we have to propose the speaker, make an invitation letter, communicate with the team about the topic, talk to our leader, and update the applicant. It has many processes and it obviously gives me, I mean us, a skill to be creative, critical thinking, communication, and many more. Please note that when our leader gives us a task, he/she just wants us to learn something and get new skills. If you feel the burden of joining a community, why do you join?  

2. Maintaining members. I have to admit that I am very bad at this. I have no idea how to make engagement within the members. Mbak Clara explained that we can start from the receh/lame topic like zodiac, personality test, something funny, and the others lame things. I admit, somehow, I am too serious to talk about events that lead my members to feel not interested. Now, I am really thinking hard about this field. 

3. Approaching speakers. I often talk about this to Mas Tito about how to do this. As for now, I am proposing three speakers for the upcoming webinars. I complained about why the speakers I propose seem not interested in me even though I already shared a hiremaxi profile (I always think once people check hiremaxi Instagram, they will feel interested to join). Did I do the right way of approaching? Finally I got the answer which was Equaling yourself with the speakers. When we were too nervous or not confident while approaching them, how would they respond to us? So before approaching them, make sure you level up yourself to be equal with them. Throw aside the thought of inferiority, just try to be 'cool' like them. Our energy can be transformed to other people, so if you want to be looked at, give your positive and hype energy.  

4. Appreciate yourself. Actually, there was a very interesting session after we talked about ownership, which was mentoring and Oracle Card reading. Oh my God, I almost cried. It was too emotional but motivational at the same time. I even shared my concern about my love story (ps : I never talked about it to everyone else except my best friends). Hearing her answer, I feel relieved. I love this session so much. I woke up lighter the day after like all the burdens gone, I am more productive I would say. 

3 hours and 20 minutes session with Mbak Clara is an 'expensive session' which now I know why she is an amazing woman. She always radiates and transfers positive energy. Thank you Mbak Clara and Mas Tito. I cannot wait to join the Common Sense Matters Part 2.  


Regards
Rosa


Cheers for a better 





You Might Also Like

0 komentar